Monday 25 May 2015

REFLECTION- QIAN YI

Generally, e-learning provides a platform for learning through a lively exchange of information and knowledge by putting up blogs. Putting up blogs bring about interaction through useful feedback and comments, which has enhanced my learning. Furthermore, the work of research is shared among a few students, and this enables me to focus on one area more effectively. From this experience, I have learnt how to put up a blog post and this knowledge is useful for future projects. I have also gained a better understanding of personal hygiene issues and hygiene aspects of food premises.

For personal hygiene issues, I have learnt that good personal hygiene is very important in the kitchen. Injuries, hair, attire, accessories and the hands are the personal hygiene issues that our group touched on, and from the posts, I have learnt that it is very important that food handlers should observe the proper personal hygiene standards so as to prevent contamination of food, which could lead to foodborne illnesses.

As for the hygiene aspects of food premises, I have learnt about product flow of a kitchen, the right way of storing food, hazards in the kitchen (physical, chemical & biological), how to choose the correct material for different food equipment and the various colours of chopping boards for different food (meat & poultry, fruit & vegetables, seafood & fish, bakery products and lastly, cooked food). Basically, all these revolve around cross-contamination or contamination of food and I realise how crucial it is that food handlers should follow these guidelines and way of doing things in a kitchen.

I feel that all that I have learnt will benefit me if I enter the food industry one day, as well as in my daily life, when handling food. Personal hygiene, in particular, must be practised at all times.

An area that could have been better would be the aspect of time management, which is necessary to ensure that blog posts are put up on time and also not in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment